Hawthorn-Melbourne is located in a peaceful residential suburb called Hawthorn. Our centre is surrounded by nature, yet with shops, cafes, banks, sporting facilities and parks all within easy reach.
Public transport is very easy to use in Melbourne – one ticket will allow you to travel on buses, trains and trams. Melbourne is the only city in Australia to have an extensive tram network, so moving around the city is simple and quick.
- Located just 8km from the city
- Approximately 40 minutes by car from Tullamarine airport
- Well serviced by trains, trams and buses
Facts about Melbourne
- The second largest city in Australia.
- The capital city of Victoria.
- Often known as the sporting, cultural and education capital of Australia.
- Has a population of around four million people.
- Is home to many of Australia's top universities and businesses.
- It's a multicultural city - people from over 230 nations live here.
- Summer (December to February) - warm to hot.
Autumn (March to May) - mild.
Winter (June to August) - cold.
Spring (September to November) - cool.
- It's often voted as one of the world's 'most liveable cities'.