Many of Hawthorn-Melbourne’s students come to Melbourne with the plan to continue their education at university, TAFE or high school in Australia. With this in mind, Hawthorn-Melbourne developed a range of English language programs that would provide students with the English and study skills required for successful study in Australia.
If your English is at Upper Intermediate to advanced level, the following courses may be suitable for you:
- High School Preparation
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- IELTS Preparation
- Intensive Academic Preparation (IAP)
- University of Melbourne English Language Bridging Program (UMELBP)
- Master of English in a Global Context (MEGC)
Academic English fact file
- Hawthorn-Melbourne has over 23 years of experience in teaching Academic English.
- A Further Studies Adviser is available to meet with students.
- Hawthorn-Melbourne is endorsed by the University of Melbourne as a provider of English language preparation courses for academic studies.
- Our academic programs are accepted by a number of institutions in Melbourne.
- Class times for our academic students are:
Mon-Fri 10.30am-4.30pm (this includes a one hour lunch break)
- EAP: English for Academic Purposes
- IAP: Intensive Academic Preparation
- UMELBP: University of Melbourne English Language Bridging Program
- MEGC: Master of English in a Global Context
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System
- HSPP: High School Preparation Program