IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is a test for students who need to demonstrate English language proficiency to gain entry to universities or training programs in English speaking countries. IELTS tests a complete range of skills commonly encountered by students when studying or training in English. The test is made up of four components - reading, writing, listening and speaking. All candidates take the same Listening and Speaking Modules.
Study for IELTS at Hawthorn
Hawthorn-Melbourne offer two different programs to students who need to prepare to take IELTS.
The IELTS Preparation Program is an intensive 10-week preparation program for advanced level students who require an IELTS test result for entry into postgraduate, undergraduate and foundation programs at an Australian tertiary institution.
A short course in Improving Your IELTS Score is available each month and is particularly suitable for those needing to take the General Training Module.
IELTS fact file
- IELTS is the most recognised English language test in Australia.
- It is the preferred language test of most universities in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
- Tests are conducted regularly. Students around the world take the same test on the same day.
- Over 1.2 million candidates take the IELTS test every year.
- IELTS is jointly managed by University of Cambridge, British Council and IDP.
- Your results are available 13 days after you take the test.
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System