High School Preparation Program
Hawthorn-Melbourne offers a specialised preparation program for international students who wish to study in an Australian high school. The course provides students with a thorough understanding of the Australian education system as well as developing the language skills needed to integrate into their secondary schooling. Our students can expect a high degree of individual support and care as they undertake the first stage of their overseas education.
The High School Preparation Program includes:
- Learning strategies and study habits used in the Australian classroom
- Specialised language of school subjects, e.g English, Mathematics, Science, Information Technology
- Sport & excursions
- Study of Australian culture and history
- Group discussions
- Responses to a novel or short story
- Report-writing for particular subjects
- Use of IT, Internet and audio-visual learning
Duration: 5-20 weeks (longer enrolments possible if needed)
Class size: 12-18 students per class
Age: Students from 14-18 years
- Five reasons to study HSPP at Hawthorn-Melbourne
- 1Teachers are highly experienced and qualified in the Australian school system.
- 2Materials and campus facilities are geared towards the Australian school lifestyle.
- 3It's located in a peaceful, residential suburb which lets you learn in a safe, secure environment.
- 4Homestay service available, to provide you with a caring and nurturing family environment.
- 5Both the Victorian Government and private schools accept the course.