Graduate Program in English as an International Language
The Graduate Program in English as an International Language (GEIL) is a unique program from the University of Melbourne's Graduate School of Education.
The program concentrates on the development of high level language, research and academic skills while exploring social, cultural and linguistic concepts relating to English as a global language. It develops students' confidence and competence as international English communicators. The course is suitable for academics and professionals in any field or context wishing to utilise English at a level of high competence while developing an understanding of issues relating to its use.
IELTS (Academic Module): 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
Graduate Certificate - one semester
Graduate Diploma - two semesters
Master of English as an International Language - four semesters
- Five reasons to study in the GEIL Program
- 1 University of Melbourne post graduate qualification.
- 2 Access to both Parkville and Hawthorn campus facilities and services.
- 3 Three entry points each year: March, July, October.
- 4 Opportunity to network with students from diverse academic, professional and cultural backgrounds.
- 5 Academic and language skills support throughout the program.